Citizen Advisory Board
Share your voice and help shape policy
Give back to your community by applying for a citizen advisory board. The Hennepin County Board is recruiting for 25 openings this fall.
Volunteers advise the county board on a variety of issues, such as mental health, our region’s workforce, libraries, water quality and more.
- Adult Mental Health Advisory Council – 10 vacancies
- Capital Budgeting Task Force – two vacancies
- City Planning Commission (Minneapolis) – one vacancy
- County Extension Committee (University of Minnesota Extension) – one vacancy
- Library Board – five vacancies
- Mental Commitment Attorney Panel Advisory Board – one vacancy
- Minnehaha Creek Watershed District Board – two vacancies
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Board – three vacancies
- Now through December 31 – apply at hennepin.us/advisoryboards.
- Starting January or February 2020 – the county board will conduct interviews.
- First quarter of 2020 – the county board will appoint volunteers to the positions.
Look for more news on the Hennepin County website at hennepin.us/news.
Discover how we’re making a difference in our communities at hennepin.us/stories.