150 Things to do in Minneapolis
We gathered some of our favorite things to do. No matter the season, we’ve got you covered.
NATURE & OUTDOORS
- Overlook the frozen St. Anthony Falls from the Guthrie’s Endless Bridge that jets over the Mississippi.
- Cross country ski, snowboard, snow tube or snowshoe in the winter recreation area at Theodore Wirth Park – equipment rental and lessons are available.
- Enjoy a scenic walk through Loring Park; it’s the Central Park of downtown Minneapolis.
- Run, walk, bike or people watch along the Chain of Lakes.
- See the winter lights display at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum or in the fall go apple picking and collect Minnesota’s famous apple: the Honeycrisp.
- During the warmer months, hop on a Nice Ride bike at one of nearly 200 Nice Ride stations and cruise down Minneapolis’ 226 miles of bike paths.
- Gaze up at Minnehaha Park’s 53-foot waterfall, beautiful when iced over or flowing.
- Follow the cobblestone path on St. Anthony Main to the Stone Arch Bridge – a Minneapolis landmark that spans 23 arches over the Mississippi River.
- Take your dog to the nearly 2-acre off-leash dog park at Lake of the Isles; the entrance is located on West Lake of the Isles Parkway.
- Visit The Commons, a 2-block park of wide open green space, valleys, and hills in East Town.
- Bike or walk along the Midtown Greenway, a 5.5-mile long former railroad corridor that winds throughout the city.
- Watch a movie at the Lake Harriet Bandshell during their summer Movies in the Park series.
- Stroll through a Japanese peace garden and the country’s second oldest public rose garden – Lyndale Park Rose Garden.
- In the summer, rent pedal boats, kayaks, paddleboards, canoes and bikes from Wheel Fun Rentals, found at various lakes and parks throughout the city.
For the rest of the article please click the link below